Do you LOVE animals and have a flexible schedule? Then, Pampered Petz may be the place for you! Please read through our job description and if you think it may be right for you, then fill out the form below. If we have any openings available and feel that you would fit on our team, then we'll be in touch. Thank you for your interest!
Pet owners hire a pet sitter when they are not able to be there to take care of their pets. They don't want to kennel the pets, or impose on a neighbor or a relative. They are looking for a professional who will dedicate their love and attention to the pets. Some of the services you are required to perform are:
- Feed & water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication, including being able or willing to learn to administer injections.
- Exercise, playtime & brushing
- Pick up after pets, including cleaning up the occasional pet mess.
- Scoop & change litter box
- Daily dog walks (rain or shine)
- Pick up mail, newspapers, fliers & packages
- Alternate lights & blinds, check on overall security of home
Pet sitting is a flexible part time job, and you are assigned petsitting jobs within approx. 5 miles from where you live. The amount of jobs is not guaranteed - when your clients travel, you pet sit. So the volume is sporadic, and you can never count on a set amount of hours you will work each week. Petsitters can work anywhere from 0-35 hours each week based on their availability and the amount of work available. The job is flexible, it's close to home, and if you truly love pets and like being outdoors, you will enjoy how positive and self-managed this working environment is.
Having a strong character and being detail oriented is critical to this position, as our clients trust us with a great responsibility. Communication is very important. Schedule changes happen frequently so you must be able to be reached quickly. Smart phones and GPS are a plus!
The perks are many, including great pay, a flexible schedule (not your 9 to 5) with flexible hours. You will get plenty of exercise and time outdoors and the pets are lavish with their love and affection. This job is not for everyone but for the right person, it is very rewarding!
- You must be a responsible, reliable adult
- Own a reliable vehicle
- Be willing to work holidays (including Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years)
- Be able to make at least a 6 month commitment to Pampered Petz
- Be available to do at least one of the following:
- 1. Mid-day work M-F between 11am-2pm
- 2. Vacation Care including overnight care(between 1-4 visits/day)
must be able to do visits in the morning, afternoon and evening, overnight care means staying in the client's home with their pets
Please fill out the entire form and hit send to apply.